Working Title Job
Facilitator-Learning and Development, Logistics
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Responsible for working with business partners, providing instructional excellence and industry expertise, for skill-based program(s) and certification(s).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience in designing, developing, delivering and evaluation of training programs, developing training strategies, and understanding of different training methods and channels. Ability to assist organizations to strategically assess their training needs in an-ever evolving social and economic landscape. Sound knowledge of adult learning principles. Must be able to stay up to date on current training/educational trends and best practices, managing training delivery specific to industry demands and standards.
• Demonstrated competence in facilitating group and individual learning experience through the development of contextualized learning resources. Qualifications and/or proven competence in specified area of training adhering to industry standards and regulations. Experience in analyzing a business problem and working with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop a sound solution. Identifies and implements training methods and criteria that identify successful delivery and receipt of training; establishes recertification's program for ongoing refreshment of standards. Able to plan activities in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to build collaborative working relationships with diverse students, colleagues, and industry partners to support and encourage a diverse learning environment. Responsible for developing and communicating clear and concise training and professional development curriculum with regular monitoring and evaluation.
• Well organized, with demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize workload; follow up and work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines. Flexible, responsive and adaptable to change. Able to read people well and adapt personal style to work effectively with variety of personalities. Confident and Articulate. Demonstrated an ability to learn fast on a job.
• Must have strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; experience working with diverse, multicultural organizations. Must be able to develop, provide guidance, instruction, and training to team members through collaborative work processes. Must be learner focused.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Must be able to lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associate degree or higher in Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Distribution or related field. Some positions may require specific state license/certifications depending on the subject training plus three (3) years of related work experience.
• This position requires three (3) years of experience in a logistics, distribution, or supply chain setting or other similar professional employment.
• Must have current and valid certifications from the Manufacturing Skills Standard Council (MSSC) Certified Forklift Operator, Certified Logistics Associate, and Certified Logistics Technician within thirty (30) days of employment.
• Official transcripts and current and valid certifications are required. Current and valid driver’s license required for offsite travel. Based upon program needs, work hours may extend beyond the 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, workday
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitates the development of a quality and effective learning environment. Trains students in assigned classes such as Business Logistics, Materials Handling, Warehouse and Distribution Center Management, and Global Logistics Management, and/or other industry identified subjects. Maintains professional knowledge in applicable subject areas such as professional certifications in logistics, or other professional certifications identified under “Minimum Knowledge and Experience,” researches new trends and advances through professional development activities.
• Identifies, plans, organizes and conducts continuing education training in a variety of ways, including face-to-face, online modules, videos, webinars, facilitated & practical workshops, etc. based on industry needs. Manages site-based instructional programs and initiatives. Develops and provides students with written course expectations and maintains progressive evaluation methods. Maintains accurate records as required by law, Board of Trustees and Administrative Procedures Manual. Enforces student policies or monitors enforcement of student policies.
• Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders and constituents, internal/external to the Dallas College community network in order to respond to evolving economic developments, identify training resources, maintain, order and/or share needed supplies, equipment and classrooms to meet business needs. Assists with the scheduling and delivery of classes. Prepares students for applicable certification tests.
• In conjunction with appropriate college personnel and in consultation with program faculty, develop strategies to support student learning in appropriate areas. Develops comprehensive course curricula incorporating multiple media and instructional materials for courses and evaluates assessment instruments, revising as needed to support stakeholders and constituents needs.
• Communicates and expresses ideas effectively both orally and in writing with individuals from diverse backgrounds utilizing listening and interpretative skills, in order to clearly com-municate information, ideas and instructions to individuals within a diverse community net-work. Provides excellent customer service.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.